Monday, February 23, 2009

Cincinnati Trip


Hugs!

Friday night we headed up to Cincinnati to visit one of Gerald's best friends, Ian and his wife, Marta, and their precious little boy, Elisha. Although, I was apprehensive about making the trip (Garrett is still not a good sleeper) I am so glad we got to go. I immediately felt better, when on the way up Ian called to say Garrett could sleep in Eli's bed and we could have his whole room to ourselves, since Eli was going to sleep in his pack n play in their bedroom. Garrett has never slept through the night, sigh, and when we travel it usually equals double exhaustion for me. But he acutally did really well in Eli's bed, only waking up when he normally does at home. On a side note, thanks to my older, wiser sister, Sue Beth, we have started the 3 day challenge of not feeding or picking up Garrett in the night anymore when he cries. He just has got to learn to sleep..... this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but we just finished night #2, so I'll update you on how this continues to go. We were told usually after 3 nights of this, they sleep all night. Everyone pray for us that this works on Garrett :)



Now back to Cincinnati, I felt so much better about the sleeping arrangements and when we got there, Marta and Eli were already in bed, so Garrett (the little night owl from a 2 hours nap in the car) watched Ian and Gerald play the Wii. He thought it was hilarious. He belly laughed everytime they hit the "ball". They were playing tennis :) I guess the sound coupled with them swinging "racquets", plus his delirious state of sleepiness made him laugh and laugh. It was so funny! Anyway, Saturday Ian and Gerald went to the movies while Marta and I took the boys to the mall, where we went to....... The LOFT! I have been dying to go there since we do not have one at our mall in BG. I got an awesome deal on a cardigan thanks to my teaching license I had on me.... And I just noticed online I can get a $25 savings card and 20% off plus free shipping, so I have my eye on some super cute jeans. We also went to Dillard's where their shoes were 75% off! I got a new pair of brown flats originally $75 for $23. Gotta love it! Oh, and the boys played and played. Eli is 8 months older than Garrett and he was so sweet to him. He gave him tons of hugs and shared his toys. Garrett thought this was great since Eli had "big boy" toys like blocks, and cars, and slides. Gerald said, "I guess we need to get him so more grown up toys." Mart replied, "Oh, don't get them at the store, everyone of these came from garage sale." A woman after my own heart! So this summer, a yard saleing we will go :)! All in all it was super fun and we are excited to go back and visit. Next time, we are headed to the outlet malls with the daddies in tough. Marta and I already decided we will be doing some hard shopping next time while the guys watch the little men :) Have an awesome week!


Playing with the big boy toys!

Marta and Garrett :)


The Boys!


My main squeeze


Ian.... funny times in the kitchen :)

4 comments:

Michael.Sue Beth.and Children said...

Glad you had a good visit! I hope Garrett continues to improve each night. Just remember, be consistent until he does it - however long it takes. :) Call me!

Becca said...

Hey Stephanie! I am so glad you found my blog and commented. What a sweet little boy you have! Isn't being a mom just the absolute BEST thing in the world?!? I heard that you were staying at home too. I still have my "I miss the VA hospital days," but I wouldn't trade getting to stay home with my sweet baby for anything in the world.

Courtney said...

Hey Stephanie! I stumbled on your blog from Becca's and I'm so glad I did! It will be great to keep up with y'all!

april said...

i'm hoping by today that G is sleeping for you :)