What a busy past month it has been. August is here and fall is just around the corner. Time is flying! This past month, I worked 2 days a week at WKU and as a result some things in my life have been neglected more than I wished. My house... which I am almost done getting back in cleanly order, my blog.... I feel so badly I only had 1 post in July with all the growing Garrett has done!! So, I am working on getting back into the swing of things. One thing I have been wanting to do for a while is something I have named, "Monday's Motivation." Each Monday I will post a short thought or passage to help "motivate" me and others, to have a great God-centered week. My friend, Kara, helped me with this idea and she does a similar blog you can find on Thursdays here. I hope everyone has a wonderful week enjoying our blessings!
The Homemaker's Prayer:
Lord, we thank thee for this sink of dirty dishes; we have good food to eat. Thank you for this pile of dirty laundry; we have nice clothes to wear. I would like to thank you for these unmade beds; they were all comfortable last night. My thanks for this bathroom, complete with soggy towels, splattered mirror, and grimy lavatory; it's still convenient. Thank you for this finger smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so badly. It has served us faithfully for a long time, and inside are cool drinks and enough leftovers for another meal. Thank you for this oven which absolutely must be cleaned; it has baked many good meals over the years. Our whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs to be mowed; we all enjoy our private yard. Thanks for that slamming screen door; the children are healthy and able to run and play. Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says that you have richly blessed this family. I shall do them all gratefully and cheerfully. Amen
P.S. Garrett is walking and learning so much!! Pics and video to come :)
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment