Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Thirty Years Ago

On this day, thirty years ago, a wonderful thing happened which would affect many people in the years to come. A wonderful man entered this world and the world is so much more blessed because of him! November 18, 1978 my husband, Gerald was born. He is such a blessing to me and Garrett and everyone in which he comes into contact. He is a strong Christian example, a listener, a leader, a positive, always positive, perspective, loving, giving, and is a wonderful father and husband. I think back to when I met him for the first time, which was at Paramount King's Island in Cincinnati, OH. I was 15 and he was 18. He had come up to be a counselor at the Florida College Ohio Camp and until that Wednesday when we all went to KI, I had yet to meet him. I remember thinking he was very arrogant and I did not like the red umbro shorts he had on. How funny it is to look back on things! If you had told me that day that I had just met my future husband, I would have laughed right in your face and said, "Yeah right!". Although, our paths crossed quite a lot in the years to come, we did not begin to date until my sophomore year at FC in 2001. From then on I knew I had met my best friend and future spouse. GOD has such great things in store for us!

"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you." Jer. 29:11-14

I wish everyone in the world could truly experience what it is like to have a Christ centered marriage; in which both spouses work together to serve GOD, making submission and servitude come so easily. Ephesians 5 is such a beautiful chapter which explains the marriage relationship in relation to Christ and His Church. When husbands truly love their wives as Christ loved the church, submission to them is such a blessing, not a burden. Gerald truly demonstrates this daily in his actions and sacrifices for us and his family. Garrett and I love him so much! So, on this special day we wanted to tell him and everyone else how much he means to us and how blessed we are to have him in our life! We love you, sweetheart! Happy Birthday!

Today <3
"The Lord has done great things for us and we are glad!" Psalm 126:3

2 comments:

Kara Cain said...

How wonderful God really is! Happy Birthday Gerald!!!

Shawn, Jen and kids said...

Happy Birthday Gerald:) Hope you have a wonderful day enjoying your family! Take care,
The Orthobers