Sunday, October 5, 2008

A weekend of company and a special party!!






This dog stole Garrett's pacifier when he dropped it! He actually chewed on it and then held it in his mouth like a baby! If you look close you can see it in his mouth! We could not get it back! Garrett in his bumbo! Aunt Susan



Jackson's orchard!
Jayden playing with Garrett.
Amy and Jayden riding the carousel at the mall! :)






Peek-a-boo!



Some sweet family pics!








What a great week we had!! We had lots of friends and family stop by for visits, which we love. There is something about having your house all clean and ready for company and then having everyone arrive. It can be stressful at times, but Gerald and I really love having a ton of company. My mom jokingly says we need a neon vacancy sign in our downstairs window :) This week it would not have been lit, we were booked up :) We were also so excited to help Carter Broyles celebrate his first birthday on Saturday!! So much has happened I could literally do a blog for each day but I will try to hit the high points. Wednesday. the Mendez family arrived at our house and stayed until Saturday morning. We had so much fun with them. We were able to meet their newest addition, Kelso (9 months) and we loved getting to know Jayden. Last time we saw her she was almost 2 and she has matured so much since then. She has such a great personality! She loved helping with Garrett! We shopped, visited Jackson's Orchard, and got to just sit around and visit. I thought this was funny for all of you fellow moms out there. Thursday Amy and I took all the kids to the mall and we were riding in our SUV. Amy and I were up front and the 3 kids were lined up on the middle row. Garrett, Jayden in the middle, and then Kelso. It was so funny looking in the rear view mirror and seeing those 3 kids! Then on the way home they ALL were crying and screaming. It was one of those moments where you as a Mom can cry too and pull your hair out, or laugh. Amy and I opted to laugh! Thank goodness it was only 15 minutes back to the the house :) Friday night, my older sister Sue Beth arrived with her youngest, 13 month old Luke and stayed until this afternoon. She and Luke went with me and Garrett to Carter's birthday party which was so neat! Cara and Johnny had the party outside with tons of balloons and balls and things for all the kids to play with. It was a gorgeous day! Cool in the shade and warm in the sun. Carter was so cute opening his presents and walking around. He is walking so well! We enjoyed so much getting to visit with everyone. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead and I did not get any pics at the party! I was so upset. But I know Cara will post on facebook so I can't wait to see her pictures!! Then after church this morning my aunt Susan and uncle Jeff stopped by on their way back from Nashville to see us. They were celebrating their 25th anniversary at the Opryland Hotel (ooh-la-la!, we love that place!) and were able to make a quick stop on the way back to IN, since they had never been to our house before. Garrett was in such a good mood! He loves his aunt Susan and uncle Jeff!! Oh, we also got Garrett a Bumbo seat this weekend which he loves. He looks like such a big boy sitting up in it... how the time is passing! So a week of friends and family was had and we loved every minute of it. God blesses us with such wonderful blessings :) Especially our friends and family! We hope you are all enjoying the fall season. Love to everyone <3