Sunday, August 24, 2008
Harvest Time :)
Hello friends! I thought I would share with you some pictures and news about Gerald's wonderful garden. Since we moved to our property 4 years ago, Gerald has always wanted to have a big garden on the back 2-3 acres. Each
year he has gotten a little closer with purchasing a
tractor, farm equipment, etc. Last year
he was able to get some seed planted but it was so late in the season, nothing really took. Well, this year he was able to get his seed planted earlier and boy has he had a bumper crop. We were so surprised and excited! We have corn, squash, watermelon, cantaloupes, green beans, and pumpkins coming out our ears! It is so exciting not to mention delicious! We have had so
much fun picking it all and then giving it to friends and family. Gerald
is ecstatic and I am too! Next
year, my mom and older sister, Sue Beth, are going to come stay for a week and help us pick everything and teach me how to can and freeze it. So, for all of you all reading this that don't live in BG, this can be incentive to come and visit us during the harvest season and get all the fresh produce you want! We would love to see ya'll down at the Barr Family Farm :)!! Come git ya-selves a mess of food, a tractor ride, and a side of lovin'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
WOW! You all did grow big ones this year. That's great! Michael really wants to grow a garden - more incentives to move south so we can use your equipment! :) I hope you remembered to bring me a canteloupe...now that I've seen them, my mouth is watering. Good job Farmer Gerald!
Yummy! I wish we were there to eat some of your fruit! We call Carson our little Fruit - i- tarian!!! He loves fruit!
Post a Comment